SO YOU WANT TO START A NEW ORGANIZATION...
- Is there already a similar organization on campus?
- What plans do I have for programming or events?
- Am I prepared for the work required for starting a new organization?
- Are there other students interested in the creation of this organization?
TO START A NEW ORGANIZATION, YOU WILL NEED...
- Four members, including a president & budget person. The president and treasurer may not be the same person.
- An advisor. The advisor must be a full-time (or adjunct) faculty or staff member at Edgewood College.
- An organization constitution. The constitution defines the organization's mission, purpose, and governing protocols.
The first step in creating an organization on campus is completing the New Student Organization Proposal Form, creating a constitution for your student organization and scheduling a meeting with Randy Ferguson.
- Once you have meet with Randy Ferguson and receive his approval, you will need to be approved by Student Senate. To set up this meeting, in which you will present your proposal and constitution, contact Sydney Wilcox.
- Once Student Senate has approved your proposal, Randy Ferguson will send your proposal to the Student Affairs Committee for announcement and community endorsement.
Randy Ferguson will email you when the final decision has been made.